Sunday, October 17, 2010

Latest Additions...

I made a quick trip to the Playmobil Fun Park in Palm Beach Gardens yesterday, they had a 25% off sale on the wedding and pirates/ghost pirates series.... here's what ended up in my shopping bag:




Now, the box I got didn't say "Hansel und Gretel"... it said "Fairy Tale Set" in English, Spanish and German. I'm guessing they used different packaging for different countries. Anyway, it's got a witch (yay!), two kids, the parents, some plants, treasure chest, a wooden fence/cage, a story book in like 6 different languages and a pop-up cardboard set with three different backgrounds (the parents' house, the woods, witche's house). Pretty cool set... they've been discontinued and I got the last one! Yay!

Bridal Couple with Wedding Cake - 4298


I got this set for a couple of reason: the bride is one of those very, VERY few Playmobil figures that actually has any kind of fabric clothing (veil), plus, she reminds me of the bleeding bride from Monty Python & The Holy Grail.  The groom is cool too... the top hat is sweet!

Photographer with Flower Girl & Ringbearer - 4299



Seriously, I just wanted the photographer and his tripod... but it was 25% off, so how could I pass up on that.

Wedding Guests in Party Tent - 4308




This set has like 10 million pieces! The wine glasses/bottle and the chef are the best of this set! I'm not crazy about the trees, they remind of of the plant on Little Shop of Horrors. lol

Red Coat Leader - 7676 & Green Dragon Leader - 7670



The Red Coat Leader is kinda "meh!" I don't know if its the colors or what, but it looks kinda funky... the Dragon Leader, on the other hand, is pretty cool and has a kickass helmet.

Pine Trees - 7725

 Although the bag these trees came in was rather bulky, I didn't expect the trees to be so HUGE! The tallest one is 4 Playmobil figures high! These make perfect Christmas trees! Just gotta get some mini lights and figure out how to rig them up.

I didn't see any Halloween items. The clerk informed me that they are an "online only" item this year. From the Christmas series they only had a Santa Special and the Advent Calendars... which are kinda cool, but I already have 2. I'm hoping they bring some more Christmas stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment